Jun 27, 2014 at 7:15 am
The North Dakota consumer protection division has suspended all sales and installations of Dish One satellite services pending completion of an investigation. The decision was made after the A-G’s office received numerous complaints about groups of door-to-door sales people using aggressive and misleading tactics to gain entry into homes. Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says he is reserving a decision on a cease and desist order or legal action pending the outcome of the investigation and cooperation of Dish One Satellite. The consumer protection division says complaints include sales people claiming to check service problems and once inside the home badgered consumers and refused to leave. In at least two cases consumers had to use physical force to remove the individual. Earlier this month the city of Grand Forks revoked the transient merchants license for workers selling Dish One services.
KNOX / Doug Barrett