News

GF House Fire (update)

GF House Fire (update)

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:27 am

 

a university of north dakota student found unconscious in a Sunday house fire has died.  21-year old Mathew heisler was pulled from the burning home at         20-39 first avenue north by his roommate.  He was airlifted to the Hennepin county medical center in Minneapolis where he died Tuesday.  Investigators determined that unattended cooking sparked the fire.  the roommate 21-year old ryan nelson of grand forks was treated and released from altru hospital.  heisler attended u-n-d’s college of business and public administration.   family members say his organs are being donated in accordance to his wishes.   Fire officials say there were working smoke detectors in the home. 

 

 



knox/doug barrett







-

 

Jarrod Thomas

Posted By Jarrod Thomas

Talk Show Host, Operations Manager

Jarrod Thomas's Profile

Current Weather

For The Grand Forks Area

Temp: 83°F (28°C)

Dewpoint: 68

Wind: 17 S

Weather: Clear

Calendar