News

GF Fire Cause

GF Fire Cause

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:38 am

THE GRAND FORKS FIRE DEPARTMENT SAYS IMPROPERLY DISPOSED CIGARETTES SPARKED A FIRE IN DOWNTOWN GRAND FORKS SATURDAY EVENING.   FIRE MARSHAL BRANDON BOESPFLUG (BASE-FLOOG) SAYS TENANTS OR OTHER UNKNOWN PERSONS WERE SMOKING IN THE HALLWAY OUTSIDE THE UPPER APARTMENTS AND TOSSED THE SPENT BUTTS OUT THE WINDOWS.  HE SAYS THE SMOLDERING SMOKES LANDED ON THE ROOF OF AN ATTACHED STRUCTURE AND CAME INTO CONTACT WITH COMBUSTABLE MATERIALS.  EXTENSIVE DAMAGE WAS REPORTED TO THE BUILDING’S MAIN ELECTRICAL AND BOILER AREA.  THE BUILDING AT 420 DEMERS AVENUE HOUSES APARTMENTS ON THE SECOND FLOOR AND BONZER’S…A HOOKAH LOUNGE…AND GIUSEPPE’S RESTAURANT ON THE GROUND FLOOR.  

 

KNOX / DOUG BARRETT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Jarrod Thomas

Posted By Jarrod Thomas

Talk Show Host, Operations Manager

Jarrod Thomas's Profile

Current Weather

For The Grand Forks Area

Temp: 64°F (18°C)

Dewpoint: 62

Wind: 6 S

Weather: Clear

Calendar